Tuesday, December 9, 2008

1942

In 1942 the B-25 airplane flew off a carrier. They flew over the Pacific Ocean to Japan and bombed it. Then they landed in China with Japanese soldiers all over. Bomber's were very heavy. Maybe a mile was the best they could do to tack off. But they got rid of so much stuff that they could finally fly off the carrier.




This was the crew before the mission.





I think this is the crew after the mission

These men were surely brave to do this mission and most of them were either captured or killed. The captured, I think, were released and went to the Chinese. The Chinese then gave them food and a boat that took them back to America.

2 comments:

Mothership said...

I think the thing that is most admirable about these men is that they knew how dangerous their mission was, but they did it anyway. Public Virtue--being willing to do what's best for many even when it is hard for the one.

Thanks for the great pictures.

Hillary said...

Isaac, where did you get these pictures? I love them. I have just started seriously studying what happened during this time period........ You are how old? You INSPIRE me! Keep up the good work.